Skip to main content

Florida welfare received letter of a overpayment of benefits because i have benefits in another state. How to approach this?

Palm Beach, FL |
Filed under: Criminal defense Fraud

They are asking to contact them in 10 days do i need a Attorney?is it a bad idea to talk to them?I didnt know i couldn't receive benefits that way for medicaid.Did NOT receive cash benefits.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


You need to meet with them or they will probably cut off your benefits. You should probably talk to a local criminal defense attorney before meeting with the welfare department because they could be looking at you for committing welfare fraud.

Good luck.

DISCLAIMER: David J. McCormick is licensed to practice law in the State of Wisconsin and this answer is being provided for informational purposes only because the laws of your jurisdiction may differ. This answer based on general legal principles and is not intended for the purpose of providing specific legal advice or opinions. Under no circumstances does this answer constitute the establishment of an attorney-client relationship.



Is it a bad idea to call them since im not in the state now?i understand i dont want to jeaprodise my rights of an attorney.


Yes, you need to meet with them. Perhaps you can contact your local legal aid society for legal assistance.

This response is meant to be information only and should not be considered to be legal advice. This information is not meant and should not be construed to be the formation of an attorney client relationship. I practice Virginia Workers compensation law and Social Security Disability law.


You should respond to their request within the 10 days. It would preferable for you to speak with an attorney before then.

If you would like a free consultation about your issue, you may call me toll free at 877-675-7987 or email me at My answer to your question does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer