Florida welfare received letter of a overpayment of benefits because i have benefits in another state. How to approach this?

Asked about 2 years ago - Palm Beach, FL

They are asking to contact them in 10 days do i need a Attorney?is it a bad idea to talk to them?I didnt know i couldn't receive benefits that way for medicaid.Did NOT receive cash benefits.

1. Charles B. Upton II

Answered . You should respond to their request within the 10 days. It would preferable for you to speak with an attorney before then.

2. David J. McCormick

1

Answered . You need to meet with them or they will probably cut off your benefits. You should probably talk to a local criminal defense attorney before meeting with the welfare department because they could be looking at you for committing welfare fraud.

3. Gerald Gregory Lutkenhaus

1

Answered . Yes, you need to meet with them. Perhaps you can contact your local legal aid society for legal assistance.