Florida uncontested divorce procedures and laws

Asked almost 6 years ago - Pensacola, FL

I was married 4 months, when I discovered that I did not marry the person that i though i did. But not in the form of identity. We were married in Louisiana, and filed in Louisiana. Or atleast the attorney said she did. It has been 9 months, and he hasn't been served. We both moved out of state, to different cities in Florida and the divorce is uncontested. No children. I want to get the divorce over as quickly as possible, and need advice on how to proceed.

There areno shared assets, or debt. No children. Just very very bad mistake. I am in desperate need of purchasing my house out of my parents name, and can;t until this is resolved.

1. Margery Ellen Golant

Pro

1

Answered . Florida has a procedure for Simplfied Dissolution of Marriage, which you can do yourself. The forms can be found on the web site of the Florida State Courts, http://www.flcourts.org/ - there is a link there to "Self Help Center". If you have been in Flordia for at least 6 months and there is no property, debts or children, you can file here.