Skip to main content

Florida uncontested divorce procedures and laws

Pensacola, FL |

I was married 4 months, when I discovered that I did not marry the person that i though i did. But not in the form of identity. We were married in Louisiana, and filed in Louisiana. Or atleast the attorney said she did. It has been 9 months, and he hasn't been served. We both moved out of state, to different cities in Florida and the divorce is uncontested. No children. I want to get the divorce over as quickly as possible, and need advice on how to proceed.

There areno shared assets, or debt. No children. Just very very bad mistake. I am in desperate need of purchasing my house out of my parents name, and can;t until this is resolved.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Florida has a procedure for Simplfied Dissolution of Marriage, which you can do yourself. The forms can be found on the web site of the Florida State Courts, - there is a link there to "Self Help Center". If you have been in Flordia for at least 6 months and there is no property, debts or children, you can file here.

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Divorce topics

Recommended articles about Divorce

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer