Florida sex laws 18 year old having sex with a 16 year old?

Miami, FL |

I live in the state of Florida, I am an 18 year old male and have a girlfriend who is 16 years old. We talked about the possibilities of getting sexual. Is it possible for her parents to press charges if we do have sex? (p.s. I did my own research and searched up Florida's statutes information should be here http://www.flsenate.gov/STATUTES/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&URL=Ch0794/ch0794.htm
but what i dont understand is section 8 (a)&(b) of 794.011 Sexual battery and 794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors, they seem to contradict?) I need clarity on this topic please!

Thanks in advanced.

1. If you are 18 and she is 16, then per FL law sexual activity is legal. Subsections 8a and 8b of 794.011 apply to those in a familial or custodial relationship. As long one is under 24, a relationship with one 16 and up is ok.

2. Mr. Grieco is correct. Here is what you need to know:

A person under 16 cannot legally consent to sex with anyone.
    A person who is 16 or 17 can legally consent to sex with someone who is 16-23.
    A person who is 18-23 can legally have sex with anyone 16 or older.
    A person 24 or older can legally have sex with anyone 18 or older.