Skip to main content

Florida Probate Process and PR expense report

Camp Hill, PA |

When during the Probate process does the PR submit their expenses? I believe that my sister will attempt to wring as much as out of the estate as she can. She attempted to hide assets, jewelry and furniture and worked for a number of months on my mothers house before getting it sold. She did not get an appraisal of the property prior to starting or got any Real Estate professions involved. She only has receipts for the items that she purchased at Home Depot. Can I contest the expenses if they seem outrageous or will the judge refuse them? Or do I send a letter to the judge?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 2


You need to determine where in the esate administration process your mother's estate is currently. More importantly I would recommend that you obtain assistance of counsel in Florida since the rules do differ from state to state. An accounting of the administration is generally required and your opportunity to express issues should be available.

Consult sooner than later with probate counsel to act on your behalf.

The information you obtain herein is not, nor is it intended to be, legal advice. It does not establish an Attorney/Client relationship. You should consult an experienced probate or estate attorney for individual advice regarding your own situation.


I agree with my colleague. I would also point out that because you have posted your question as a PA matter, most Florida lawyers will not see it. You should consider re-posting using a Florida location, for Florida specific answers. You do not say if your sister is represented by legal counsel or not. If she is not, she should be. Rather than send a letter to the judge, you should consider legal counsel of your own. That will help you to understand the probate process in Florida, as well as whether your sister's actions should be challenged.

James Frederick

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ***************************************** LEGAL DISCLAIMER I am licensed to practice law in the State of Michigan and have offices in Wayne and Ingham Counties. My practice is focused in the areas of estate planning and probate administration. I am ethically required to state that the above answer does not create an attorney/client relationship. These responses should be considered general legal education and are intended to provide general information about the question asked. Frequently, the question does not include important facts that, if known, could significantly change the answer. Information provided on this site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in your state. The law changes frequently and varies from state to state. If I refer to your state's laws, you should not rely on what I say; I just did a quick Internet search and found something that looked relevant that I hoped you would find helpful. You should verify and confirm any information provided with an attorney licensed in your state. I hope you our answer helpful!

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer