Florida Probate Process and PR expense report

Asked over 1 year ago - Camp Hill, PA

When during the Probate process does the PR submit their expenses? I believe that my sister will attempt to wring as much as out of the estate as she can. She attempted to hide assets, jewelry and furniture and worked for a number of months on my mothers house before getting it sold. She did not get an appraisal of the property prior to starting or got any Real Estate professions involved. She only has receipts for the items that she purchased at Home Depot. Can I contest the expenses if they seem outrageous or will the judge refuse them? Or do I send a letter to the judge?

1. Yvette E. Taylor-Hachoose

Pro

3

Answered . You need to determine where in the esate administration process your mother's estate is currently. More importantly I would recommend that you obtain assistance of counsel in Florida since the rules do differ from state to state. An accounting of the administration is generally required and your opportunity to express issues should be available.

Consult sooner than later with probate counsel to act on your behalf.

2. James P. Frederick

1

Answered . I agree with my colleague. I would also point out that because you have posted your question as a PA matter, most Florida lawyers will not see it. You should consider re-posting using a Florida location, for Florida specific answers. You do not say if your sister is represented by legal counsel or not. If she is not, she should be. Rather than send a letter to the judge, you should consider legal counsel of your own. That will help you to understand the probate process in Florida, as well as whether your sister's actions should be challenged.

James Frederick