Florida probate law, how does one become executor of an estate and open probate

Asked almost 6 years ago - Auburndale, FL

how do you get the paperwork to be the executress of an estate for the deceased. there are 4 children and we have nothing to receive a life policy the beneficiary is the estate. what can we do?

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Shawn C Newman

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Thanks for your question. Since I am an attorney, I cannot ethically give you specific legal advice on your situation, since you are not my client, but I can only provide you with general information that you may find helpful. The best advice that I can recommend to you is to contact a local estate administration attorney that can work with you on your unique situation.
    Generally, every estate must be represented by an attorney. There are many different forms of administration, and if the only asset of the estate is life insurance proceeds, the attorney can advise you of the best option at the lowest cost for you.

    Best of luck,
    Shawn C. Newman, Esq.
    Attorney At Law
    1881 NE 26th Street, Suite 212E
    Wilton Manors, FL 33305
    (877) 552-9385

  2. Joseph Franklin Pippen Jr.


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . Thanks for your question and very sorry for your loss.
    You should hire attorney to prepare a petition in the probate court to have you appointed as personal representative of the estate. The procedures are different depending on if the deceased had a will or not.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,548 answers this week

3,015 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,548 answers this week

3,015 attorneys answering