Florida probate law, how does one become executor of an estate and open probate

Auburndale, FL |

how do you get the paperwork to be the executress of an estate for the deceased. there are 4 children and we have nothing to receive a life policy the beneficiary is the estate. what can we do?

Thanks for your question and very sorry for your loss.
You should hire attorney to prepare a petition in the probate court to have you appointed as personal representative of the estate. The procedures are different depending on if the deceased had a will or not.

Thanks for your question. Since I am an attorney, I cannot ethically give you specific legal advice on your situation, since you are not my client, but I can only provide you with general information that you may find helpful. The best advice that I can recommend to you is to contact a local estate administration attorney that can work with you on your unique situation.
Generally, every estate must be represented by an attorney. There are many different forms of administration, and if the only asset of the estate is life insurance proceeds, the attorney can advise you of the best option at the lowest cost for you.

Best of luck,
Shawn C. Newman, Esq.
Attorney At Law
1881 NE 26th Street, Suite 212E
Wilton Manors, FL 33305
(877) 552-9385
Shawn@ShawnNewman.com

Wills and estates topics