Florida level 2 background check for nursing

Asked about 3 years ago - Kansas City, MO

I need to pass a background check for a nursing assistant license in florida. I've had several charges that were dismissed, and several that were misdemeanors and I went through SIS probation w/ those. My question is, what do I say on my licensing application when it asks to list anything other than a minor traffic ticket? I don't want to lie, but I don't want to disclose things that I don't need to either. My charges and tickets were all received in the state of missouri, if that makes a difference.

1. Edward Lee Guinn

Answered . If the question asks have you been arrested for a misdomeanor or felony offense, you would have to list all arrests.

If the questions ask you to list a offenses for which you you were found guilty or pled guily you would have to list all offenses in which you appeared in court and entered a plea or was found guilty by a judge of jury, inclulding SIS dispositions.

If the question asks for offenses for which you were convicted, you would list those offenses in which a sentence and judgment was entred by the court. An SIS in Missouri is not a conviction if you complet the probation time.

2. Eric G. Jensen

Answered . If you had a criminal attorney in Missouri, I would contact them about your SIS pleas and what legal effect that has on your status in Florida. If you did not have a Missouri attorney, I would check with a good criminal attorney in Florida and see how the law there treats SIS pleas as Missouri law does not always consider an SIS a "conviction."