Florida age of consent laws, Florida criminal code statutory rape

Asked about 1 year ago - Deltona, FL

is it legal for a sixteen year old girl to date an eighteen year old man?

1. Heather Morcroft

5

Answered . Yes. Just not someone 24 or older.

***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******
  2. William David Umansky

Pro

4

Answered . yes

3. David Bradley Dohner

3

Answered . The short answer is yes. So I suppose that is the good news if you are asking retrospectively.

Here is the bad news:

It may be legal, but intersects with other laws rendering it a capital offense if it involves my sixteen year old daughter;

Next, eighteen means eighteen; not eighteen plus any particular multiple of ten - please understand that I simply state this because I have been asked this question before my various individuals who take eighteen to mean the age of majority (and therefore, ANY age of majority). 28, 38, 48, and so on are no go.

Last, simply posing this question is always going to raise a few eyebrows, particularly from 2nd Amendment embracing middle-aged lawyers with sixteen year old daughters....LOL.
    Why are you laughing? That was my LOL. Not yours. You listen.

LOL. Just kidding.

Okay, not really.

In any event, be prepared to precipitate questions by posing that question, if you have graduated already and come back for the prom, understand that doing so is lame. That is not a legal opinion, but then again, none of the responses by anyone on AVVO "replying" to questions posed by eighteen year old predators are legal opinions.

That time I was just kidding.

4. Richard Earl Hornsby

Pro

2

5. Mark H Randall

Pro

2

Answered . You can always date but that is as far as it should go for numerous different reasons!