Florida: Legal Age of Consent for an emancipated minor

Gainesville, FL |

I'm a 17 y/o emancipated female, my boyfriend is 26 y/o. We live (separately) in the state of Florida. From what I've read, it appears that the section 794.05 does not apply to an emancipated minor:

"(2) The provisions of this section do not apply to a person 16 or 17 years of age who has had the disabilities of nonage removed under chapter 743. "

I would fall under the category 743.015

Does this mean that I could legally conduct in sexual activities with my boyfriend? Nonetheless, we're waiting until I am 18. We're just worried about outside accusations.

You would not get into trouble, but he could. However, if you are indeed emancipated, the disability has been removed and it is as if you were an adult, basically.

R. Jason de Groot, Esq.,

When you say that you are an "emancipated female" do you mean that there is already a court order removing your disability of nonage in accordance with 743.015?