Florida - Is a Summary Administration appropriate in this case?

Asked almost 2 years ago - Pelham, NY

My friend recently died in Hillsborough County, Florida, leaving no immediate family. I am in the will as Personal Representative and sole beneficiary. Value of the estate is less than $30,000 (owns a trailer home free and clear; primary residence is "under water" and foreclosure proceedings were pending at time of death. I've identified a couple of smallish creditors (including myself). Seems as though Summary Administration might be the way to go, but I'm not sure.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Eric Edward Rothstein

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I suggest you re-post this in the Florida Avvo section as I don't think too many New York lawyers will know the answer to your question.

    I am a former federal and State prosecutor and now handle criminal defense and personal injury/civil rights cases.... more
  2. James P. Frederick

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . It sounds like you may be right. It is important that you discuss this with a Florida attorney before proceeding, however, to make sure that this can be done. You may also wish to re-post your question using a Florida address. As is, most Florida attorneys will not likely see this.

    James Frederick

    ***Please be sure to mark if you find the answer "helpful" or a "best" answer. Thank you! I hope this helps. ******... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,511 answers this week

3,168 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,511 answers this week

3,168 attorneys answering