Florida - Is a Summary Administration appropriate in this case?

Asked over 1 year ago - Pelham, NY

My friend recently died in Hillsborough County, Florida, leaving no immediate family. I am in the will as Personal Representative and sole beneficiary. Value of the estate is less than $30,000 (owns a trailer home free and clear; primary residence is "under water" and foreclosure proceedings were pending at time of death. I've identified a couple of smallish creditors (including myself). Seems as though Summary Administration might be the way to go, but I'm not sure.

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . I suggest you re-post this in the Florida Avvo section as I don't think too many New York lawyers will know the answer to your question.

2. James P. Frederick

1

Answered . It sounds like you may be right. It is important that you discuss this with a Florida attorney before proceeding, however, to make sure that this can be done. You may also wish to re-post your question using a Florida address. As is, most Florida attorneys will not likely see this.

James Frederick