Flood Zone Determination is it required contains "the letters A or V" under the.

I have a questions. (Question is regarding "Flood Zone Insurance") How to confirm Flood Zone Determination is it required contains "the letters A or V" under the Flood? Please let me know..

New York, NY -

Jack Richard Lebowitz

Jack Richard Lebowitz

Real Estate Attorney - Glens Falls, NY

You need to look at a Flood Zone map for the property you are interested in getting insurance for and see whether it is in a designated flood zone which uses the letters you mention in your question.

More information can be found online by Googling "FEMA Flood Maps" or www.floodsmart.gov.

Richard J. Chertock

Richard J. Chertock

Real Estate Attorney - Melville, NY

check the flood zone maps or you can pay a flood zone search company to check for you. check FEMA websites for more information.

Andrew Endicott Schrafel

Andrew Endicott Schrafel

Contracts / Agreements Lawyer - Floral Park, NY

You need to look at a flood zone map. Keep in mind, the maps have been, or will be updated, to take into account changes in land caused by hurricane sandy.

If you are in a flood zone of any kind, it is almost certain your mortgage company will require you to get flood insurance.

You should confirm all this with an attorney.