Flipping Quitclaim Deeds - Who Has Title?

New York, NY |

If an owner in Detroit transfers ownership to a property without registering the quitclaim deed in order to avoid a tax foreclosure initiated in his name what happens? Can the County take title to the property even if the ownership has transferred? Or, do they have to go through the notification process again to the new owner that they're unaware of because the original owner didn't register the transfer? Is it possible for someone to have title to a property even though the County has foreclosed? How clean is a tax-foreclosed title?

What happens in Detroit stays in Detroit.

My answer is for general purposes only and is not not intended to establish an attorney-client relationship, nor is it advice upon which you should act or rely. But, if you really want me to tell you something upon which you can actually rely: don't eat yellow snow.

Steven Warren Smollens

Steven Warren Smollens

And still the Best Answer!

Peter J Weinman

Peter J Weinman

Thanks. :)