Flipping houses in New York City

Asked over 2 years ago - New York, NY

Hi, I am planning to get into flipping business in NYC area, how can i get into and what sort of capital do I need.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. 6

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . You have picked a market that is saturated with speculators you would need substantial capital the range would depend on what you are looking to buy but it would be at least 500k most purchase thru auctions or short sales done with brokers if you contact my office I can provide you with the names of a few brokers

    Call for a free consultation any time 718-263-6800. We are here to help
  2. 6

    Lawyers agree


    Answered . The first thing you need to do is get with a tax attorney who knows how to set up the proper vehicles to use for this venture. Second, you need to have significant capital, enough to purchase and to run these ventures. Third, you need experience and expertise to be successful especially in this economy.

    For a discussion as to the choice of legal entity to use for business see http://www.sjfpc.com/choice_of_legal_entity.html.

    For a discussion of Pennsylvania LLCs and Real Estate see http://www.sjfpc.com/llcs_estate_gift_income_ta...

    LEGAL DISCLAIMER Mr. Fromm is licensed to practice law throughout the state of PA with offices in Philadelphia... more
  3. 5

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You should consult an attorney or CPA to ensure that you have set up the proper entities for this endeavor.

    Best of luck!

    Andrew B. Gordon , Esq., CPA
    Gordon Law Group, Ltd.
    847.580.1279 | ABG@GordonLawLtd.com

    Andrew B Gordon is a CPA and attorney licensed to practice law in Illinois. The information provided here is for... more
  4. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . What you need to do is get a good attorney, establish a good relationship with a lending institution (ideally a local bank since large banks like BoA or Wells are very inefficient and tough to deal with) establish an LLC to protect yourself from liability and for flipping homes, you'll need some substantial capital.

    I've worked with commercial loans for a few of my clients that are lending institutions and it really depends on the property and the amount you're looking to finance.

    If you have any further questions, feel free to reach out to me.

    Roman Tabatchouk, Esq.
    800-583-1780 x503

    DISCLAIMER: This answer is for informational purposes only under the AVVO system, its terms and conditions. It is... more

Related Topics

Small business taxes

Small business taxes include state and federal income taxes and employment taxes, self-employment taxes, and excise taxes.

Small business sales tax

A sales tax is a tax paid to a local or state government for the sale or lease of goods and services.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,378 answers this week

3,616 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,378 answers this week

3,616 attorneys answering