Flashed by photo radar in Sierra Vista AZ in March. I was driving a rental car. I live in MD

Asked over 1 year ago - Sierra Vista, AZ

A month after the "flash" I received an Arizona Traffic Ticket and Complaint in the mail for "speed greater than reasonable and prudent" It shows my speed was approximately 47 in a 35. Is it true I have to be personally served and therefore can ignore this ticket unless I am served? I live out of state and Redflex does not operate in MD, so may not serve me here. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. A police officer from AZ, who is a friend of a friend, said to ignore it and not open the doors to strangers. Seriously! I guess officers don't like cameras taking their place on the streets! Who can blame them??

1. Andrew Stephen Roberts

Pro

Answered . If you get ticket you must contact an AZ traffic ticket attorney to deal with it.