FL debt collection procedures, being sued for credit card payment

New Port Richey, FL |

debt collection laws in FL, credit card company suing for debt owed
New Port Richey (FL). Viewed 10 times. Posted 3 days ago in Debt Collection. Flag this as objectionable
sued for credit card debt: florida suncoast credit union, locked my checking account because i was two payments behind in my credit card payments to them.They only released it after i paid them.i needed the money for medical problems with my kids, and to make the mortgae payment. i was so angry i stopped depositing, and went to a real bank. when i tried to make payment arrangements with them i was told, and i qoute,"NOPE". i stopped reciveing statements from them and months later i find i am being sued . the seem very unwarranted, if they worked with me i could pay them.I don`t know what to do next, should i call them, or get my own attorney, i am like most bareley able to make ends meet, i just need some guidance.(and a spell checker)

Nothing obligates a creditor to make a payment arrangement. But nothing is stopping you from making payments anyway, which they have to credit to your account.

Now that you are being sued, you need to find an attorney in your state. The lawyer database at the National Association of Consumer Advocates is probably the best place to start looking.

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt