FL-190 Notice of Entry of Judgment: What do the different dates mean?

Asked over 1 year ago - San Francisco, CA

On my FL-190, there are two dates on the form and I'm unsure what the difference between the two is. There's the "Filed" date that appears in the upper right as well as the date that appears in the box that says, "Effective date of termination of marital or domestic partnership status."

What is the difference between the two? When was my divorce made final? It seems like the filed date would be it, but then what's the purpose of the other date?

1. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

2

Answered . The date it was filed and the date the marriage is considered terminated meaning you were single as of that day or will be.

2. Steven Allen Dinneen

Pro

Answered . The filed date is the date the Judgment was filed with the court. The other date on the FL-190 is the date the Judgment was entered. The date the Judgment was entered is the date the divorce is completed. However, the date the status was terminated is on the Judgment form, FL-180. It is often the date the Judgment is entered if another date is not listed.

3. Linda Calderon Garrett

Pro

Answered . A few more issues to consider: if you are the Respondent and you did NOT file a Response (FL-120), then you may want to make sure the Judgement (FL-180) is correct. You have very little time to make a correction once the Notice of Entry of Judgment has been entered into the court's record.

Good luck!