FL-150 INCOME AND EXPENSES DECLARATION- Are considered the IRAS as other deposit accounts in question 11.a ASSETS??

Asked about 2 years ago - Marina Del Rey, CA

Divorce Form FL- 150. Should I include in the total value of the question 11, a. the money from my IRAS Accounts and / or of the IRAs accounts of the soon to be my ex- husband? ( I know that I need to include the value of my saving accounts , checking accounts, and Cds but I dont sure about the IRAs, could you help me?

Thanks you

1. Michael Charles Schwerin

4

1

Best Answer

Answered . If you are doing your Preliminary Declaration of Disclosure, everything that is in existence has to be listed. That is all separate property and all community property no matter when it was acquired. In the event of a dispute and those documents are needed, they need to present the whole picture. You need to list everything and anything that is in your name, his name or both of your names, or even in your name jointly with anyone else.

2. Diana Lucia Martinez

3

1

Answered . All community AND separate assets and debts in existence must be disclosed. FL-142 has an extensive list that identifies exactly what must be disclosed. IRAs are included in that list.

3. Margaret Davalene Wilson

1

1

Answered . Yes, they are consider assets and need to be disclosed. If they are jointly held I usually make a handwritten notation on the pleading.

4. Joseph Torri

1

1

Answered . You should include it. Since you have assets, you should at least consult with a divorce attorney. There are divorce lawyers that offer a free consultation. There are attorneys that don't charge an arm and a leg. It sounds like you are on track with the paperwork. I'm going to assume you researched the law since you got this far. Don't be afraid to call a family lawyer. Attorneys generally do not try and represent themselves on their own matters.