Fishing without a license..received 'MD natural resource Citation' fined for 75$

Asked over 1 year ago - Gaithersburg, MD

Me and my friend went to Lake for recreational fishing. My friend has a license but I don't. my friend gave the fishing rod to me to hold for sometime ..unfortunately Park police came at the same time and gave me Natural Resource citation ticket for 75$. I am ok to pay the fine but I would like to know... do I need to answer the following question as Yes in I-485 AOS. "Have you been arrested,cited,charged,indicted,fined,or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance" ? Please provide your suggestion.

1. William Lawrence Welch III

5

Answered . You should consult with an immigration attorney, because the immigration consequences might be worse than a $75. fine.

2. William A Simmons

3

1

Answered . Yes. Unfortunately. Go to court and try to get a better result. See a lawyer.

William A. Simmons
    Butler & Simmons, P.A.
    Attorneys & Counselors at Law
    11501 Georgia Avenue, Suite 100
    Silver Spring, MD 20902
    301-933-6400
    301-942-0734 facsimile

The information contained in this e-mail message is information protected by the attorney client privilege and/or the attorney work product privilege and the privileges are not waived by virtue of this having been sent by e-mail. If the person actually receiving this e-mail or any other reader of this e-mail is not the named recipient or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the named recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify this office immediately by telephone and return the original message by e-mail. Thank you.

3. Stephen D. Berman

5

Answered . Yes, you have been fined.

4. James Donald Garrett

4

Answered . This is not really a ticket charge as indicated by your topic area. You need to speak with an immigration attorney. I've changed the topic to that so you may receive some relevant responses. Good luck.