Fishing without a license..received 'MD natural resource Citation' fined for 75$

Gaithersburg, MD |
Filed under: Immigration

Me and my friend went to Lake for recreational fishing. My friend has a license but I don't. my friend gave the fishing rod to me to hold for sometime ..unfortunately Park police came at the same time and gave me Natural Resource citation ticket for 75$. I am ok to pay the fine but I would like to know... do I need to answer the following question as Yes in I-485 AOS. "Have you been arrested,cited,charged,indicted,fined,or imprisoned for breaking or violating any law or ordinance" ? Please provide your suggestion.

This is not really a ticket charge as indicated by your topic area. You need to speak with an immigration attorney. I've changed the topic to that so you may receive some relevant responses. Good luck.

Responding to questions on AVVO does not establish an attorney-client relationship between the questioner and any attorney associated with Garrett Law Group, PLC. Responses should be considered and used for informational purposes only. Every case is unique in its facts, and all legal matters should be discussed with a licensed attorney prior to making any decisions or taking any actions.

Thanks James!!

James Donald Garrett

James Donald Garrett

Sure. Be sure to mark responses as "helpful" or "best answer".

Yes, you have been fined.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

You should consult with an immigration attorney, because the immigration consequences might be worse than a $75. fine.

Information in the reply is provided as a public service. It is neither a comprehensive statement of the law nor legal advice, and no one should rely on it as such. If you have a legal problem or question, you should consult with an attorney, who can investigate the particular circumstances of your situation. Responding to a post does not constitute legal representation. I am not your lawyer, until we make an agreement and I receive my fee. Beware that posts and replies are not confidential. Anyone can read them.

Yes. Unfortunately. Go to court and try to get a better result. See a lawyer.

William A. Simmons
Butler & Simmons, P.A.
Attorneys & Counselors at Law
11501 Georgia Avenue, Suite 100
Silver Spring, MD 20902
301-933-6400
301-942-0734 facsimile

The information contained in this e-mail message is information protected by the attorney client privilege and/or the attorney work product privilege and the privileges are not waived by virtue of this having been sent by e-mail. If the person actually receiving this e-mail or any other reader of this e-mail is not the named recipient or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the named recipient, any use, dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify this office immediately by telephone and return the original message by e-mail. Thank you.