First time shoplifting but has other charges

Asked over 2 years ago - Council Grove, KS

i was arrested for shoplifting last night, stole 40$ worth the merchandise at walmart. they called the authorities and had them arrest me. i got charged with shoplifting. What will happen to me when i go to court and i already have 2 possession charges, and a battery charge pending?

1. Patrick Michael Lewis

Pro

1

Answered . In juvenile court the judge has a lot of discretion. It seems likely that the judge will want to deal with all of your cases together. You should already have an attorney on the pending cases. I would anticipate that the judge will appoint the same one on the new charges, at least as long as he was appointed on the orginal cases instead of having been hired. Talk with that attorney immediately. Do not discuss the facts of what happened or what you have done with anybody other than your attorney.

2. Robert West

Answered . each case is separate. Why don't you try to stay out of trouble so you won't have these worries.