First time shoplifting but has other charges

Council Grove, KS |

i was arrested for shoplifting last night, stole 40$ worth the merchandise at walmart. they called the authorities and had them arrest me. i got charged with shoplifting. What will happen to me when i go to court and i already have 2 possession charges, and a battery charge pending?

1. each case is separate. Why don't you try to stay out of trouble so you won't have these worries.

2. In juvenile court the judge has a lot of discretion. It seems likely that the judge will want to deal with all of your cases together. You should already have an attorney on the pending cases. I would anticipate that the judge will appoint the same one on the new charges, at least as long as he was appointed on the orginal cases instead of having been hired. Talk with that attorney immediately. Do not discuss the facts of what happened or what you have done with anybody other than your attorney.

Legal disclaimer: Legal disclaimer: Patrick M. Lewis, (913) 558-3961, patricklewislaw@gmail.com. This answer is intended to provide general information about the justice system. It does not provide legal advice nor does it create an attorney-client relationship. It does not provide the basis for making decisions about a course of action. Legal advice requires more communication and information than is possible in this format. Many important considerations and factors need to be investigated and discussed before an attorney could give legal advice about this issue. Before making any decisions about a course of action readers are strongly encouraged to contact a lawyer and secure an attorney-client relationship. Readers must also understand that this format does not provide for confidential communication.