Skip to main content

First Time Possession of Marijuana charge. What will happen next???

Lancaster, PA |

Do you believe i need a lawyer for this case? I never have been convicted or anything dealing with criminal charges. This is all a huge avoidable mess i got myself into. But however, when the officer pulled us over, he was pulling someone else over not US. We did not know this, but the odds that i had drugs on me And he then proceeded with the badgering questions and eventually told the driver to step out, then told me to step out (sitting front seat) and pat searched me to find....-_- I am really nervous i am sorry for venting. I dont want a criminal record, what is the best way to go about this i have so many questions..I need to know my rights. Somebody please help money is scarce, will i get probation, or lose my license for a first time offense? How can i get these charges exsponged?

Attorney Answers 5

  1. There are many options for you but you must have a criminal defense attorney to protect your interests. If you cannot afford a private attorney you should apply for a public defender. Good luck.

  2. YES. You absolutely need to have competent counsel representing you. Do not post any further details ANYWHERE on the Internet, including social media like Facebook. Don't talk with other people besides an attorney. There are important defense issues raised by what you have set forth, and the consequences of this will have longterm negative impacts on your future depending upon how it is handled. Start talking with lawyers experienced in the handling of drug cases without delay. Good luck.

  3. Yes, you need a criminal defense attorney to represent you. Your outcome will be better with experienced counsel We have several avvo lawyers from PA who have responded. Contact one for advice.

    I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

  4. You have various options: there may a motion to suppress evidence available in addition to programs like Ard. You should consult counsel

    Specific legal advice can only be given with full knowledge of all of the facts and circumstances of your situation. Posting a question on this website does not create an attorney-client relationship. All questions you post will be available to the public; do not include confidential information in your question. If you would like to consult with me privately, you may do so by telephone at 215-423-5500.

  5. Lancaster County often permits you to deal with this type of first offense involving a small amount of marihuana in a manner that avoids a conviction and permits you to expunge or erase any record of the arrest, depending on the circumstances. You should absolutely consult with local counsel before making any bad decisions that might result in a criminal record or license suspension. Many lawyers also offer a free initial consult. Good luck.

    You should always consult an attorney for advice regarding your individual situation and this general information is not provided to nor does it create an attorney-client relationship.

Criminal defense topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics