First offense MIP, what kind of trouble am I facing? Will I lose a scholarship? And should I get a lawyer?

Asked over 3 years ago - Kearney, NE

I'm 18, was charged with an MIP, and blew a .033 BAC. I live in Nebraska and it was my first offense. I have a regeant's scholarship, will I lose it? And what other consequences am I looking at?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Daniel Albert Selwa II

    Contributor Level 12

    Answered . Seek to see if there is a diversionary program that will dismiss the charges if you complete the program or community service of something like that. If you cannot get that then ask for a continuance to hire an attorney. Being your first offense you should be eligible for such a program in your state. Most scholarships are lost when you are found guilty or plead guilty to a crime. It is a concern and should be treated as such. Good luck.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

32,434 answers this week

3,351 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

32,434 answers this week

3,351 attorneys answering