First offense in Georgia. 72 mph in a 50 mph zone.

Asked about 1 year ago - Peachtree City, GA

Hello, I was pulled over in Peachtree City, GA (outside of Atlanta) for going 72 in a 50. I haven't had a ticket in probably 7 or 8 years. Once, in Milwaukee, I was pulled over for a similar offense. Two days later, i received letters from several Law offices from Milwaukee offering to "take care of it." Basically, I pay the attorney and the ticket gets reduced to something like a parking ticket. Do they do that sort of thing in Georgia?

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Phillip Darrell Kimbrell

    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . generally, you contact a lawyer you would like to help you..... although you may receive mail solicitations advertising services by a lawyer, I would not wait on those to arrive in the mailbox before seeking legal advice on how to handle your situation.... good luck

    Darrell Kimbrell

    The information is provided for general purposes only and should not be relied upon. You are advised to consult... more
  2. John Arnold Steakley

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . It's possible. I've handled speeding tickets for out-of-state clients before, but the rules vary from courthouse to courthouse. Usually, it's possible to save the driver from having to return for court.

    What you're charged with, most likely, is Georgia's new "Super Speeder" law. You certainly don't want to plea to that. You need to try to get it reduced, regardless of cost. It will pay off in the long run.

    ↓ Mark this answer as "Helpful" or "Best Answer" if you like it. For more information, contact us at www.... more
  3. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, or you can go to court and ask the prosecutor to reduce your speed to 64 in a 50 which will not go on your driving history if you have a Georgia Drivers License. If you have an out of state license they will need to reduce your speeding ticket to a local ordinance violation. If the municipal court isn't willing to do this you have the right to bind the case over to the local state court, and try again over there with a new prosecutor and judge,

    James L. Yeargan, Jr. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on... more
  4. Adam Ethan Younker

    Contributor Level 3


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . Rare for Peachtree City to reduce to non-moving violation, but certainly possible.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,627 answers this week

2,630 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

23,627 answers this week

2,630 attorneys answering