First offense in Georgia. 72 mph in a 50 mph zone.

Asked about 1 year ago - Peachtree City, GA

Hello, I was pulled over in Peachtree City, GA (outside of Atlanta) for going 72 in a 50. I haven't had a ticket in probably 7 or 8 years. Once, in Milwaukee, I was pulled over for a similar offense. Two days later, i received letters from several Law offices from Milwaukee offering to "take care of it." Basically, I pay the attorney and the ticket gets reduced to something like a parking ticket. Do they do that sort of thing in Georgia?

1. Phillip Darrell Kimbrell

2

Answered . generally, you contact a lawyer you would like to help you..... although you may receive mail solicitations advertising services by a lawyer, I would not wait on those to arrive in the mailbox before seeking legal advice on how to handle your situation.... good luck

Darrell Kimbrell

2. John Arnold Steakley

2

Answered . It's possible. I've handled speeding tickets for out-of-state clients before, but the rules vary from courthouse to courthouse. Usually, it's possible to save the driver from having to return for court.

What you're charged with, most likely, is Georgia's new "Super Speeder" law. You certainly don't want to plea to that. You need to try to get it reduced, regardless of cost. It will pay off in the long run.

3. James Lawrence Yeargan Jr.

Pro

2

Answered . Yes, or you can go to court and ask the prosecutor to reduce your speed to 64 in a 50 which will not go on your driving history if you have a Georgia Drivers License. If you have an out of state license they will need to reduce your speeding ticket to a local ordinance violation. If the municipal court isn't willing to do this you have the right to bind the case over to the local state court, and try again over there with a new prosecutor and judge,

4. Adam Ethan Younker

1

Answered . Rare for Peachtree City to reduce to non-moving violation, but certainly possible.