First offense in Georgia. 72 mph in a 50 mph zone.

Peachtree City, GA |

Hello, I was pulled over in Peachtree City, GA (outside of Atlanta) for going 72 in a 50. I haven't had a ticket in probably 7 or 8 years. Once, in Milwaukee, I was pulled over for a similar offense. Two days later, i received letters from several Law offices from Milwaukee offering to "take care of it." Basically, I pay the attorney and the ticket gets reduced to something like a parking ticket. Do they do that sort of thing in Georgia?

1. generally, you contact a lawyer you would like to help you..... although you may receive mail solicitations advertising services by a lawyer, I would not wait on those to arrive in the mailbox before seeking legal advice on how to handle your situation.... good luck

Darrell Kimbrell

The information is provided for general purposes only and should not be relied upon. You are advised to consult with an attorney of your choosing, who can advise you on the particular facts and options in your case. No attorney-client relationship is intended or formed absent you executing a signed fee agreement. P. Darrell Kimbrell is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. Information provided is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. This response, or any response, is not legal advice nor does such response create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.

2. It's possible. I've handled speeding tickets for out-of-state clients before, but the rules vary from courthouse to courthouse. Usually, it's possible to save the driver from having to return for court.

What you're charged with, most likely, is Georgia's new "Super Speeder" law. You certainly don't want to plea to that. You need to try to get it reduced, regardless of cost. It will pay off in the long run.

↓ Mark this answer as "Helpful" or "Best Answer" if you like it. For more information, contact us at www.SteakleyLawFirm.com or (404) 835-7595. The initial consultation is always free for Avvo users.

3. Rare for Peachtree City to reduce to non-moving violation, but certainly possible.

4. Yes, or you can go to court and ask the prosecutor to reduce your speed to 64 in a 50 which will not go on your driving history if you have a Georgia Drivers License. If you have an out of state license they will need to reduce your speeding ticket to a local ordinance violation. If the municipal court isn't willing to do this you have the right to bind the case over to the local state court, and try again over there with a new prosecutor and judge,

James L. Yeargan, Jr. is licensed to practice law in the State of Georgia. All information given is based only on Georgia law, and is not directly applicable to any other jurisdictions, states, or districts. Any answer given assumes the person who asked the question holds a Georgia Drivers License, and this license is not a commercial drivers license (CDL). This response, or any response, is not legal advice. This response, or any response, does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information. Any state specific concerns should be directed to an attorney who is licensed to practice law in that respective state.