First offense for Trespassing..

Asked over 1 year ago - Newport News, VA

I was asking by social services to have a employment verification signed by my former boss. My (ex) boss made a huge deal out of me showing up because she didn't want to sign them, I sat in the waiting room quiet the whole time waiting. She called the cops and had me escorted of the premises. She filled charges and now I am looking at a class 1 misdemeanor for trespassing. I have never been in trouble a day in my life, not even a speeding ticket. I have a court appointed attorney and am wondering if anyone would be able to guess the out come? Thank you

1. Victoria Lee Allen

2

Answered . Your attorney is the best person to answer that question for you. He or she will have all of the relevant facts on hand and will know the local courts and typical outcomes.

2. Jeffrey Cantwell Martin

1

Answered . Newport News has excellent, but busy, public defenders. Keep on calling. Remember that if you do not like the outcome in general district court you have a right to appeal the decision to circuit court. Ask your attorney about this.