FIRST NAME LAST NAME inconsistent in passport, visa and ssn?

Piscataway, NJ |

In my passport:
surname: (blank)
given name : RAM SINGH

In my visa
Surname : SINGH
Given name : RAM

In my i94
family name: (blank)
given name: RAM SINGH

In my Current i20
last name: LNU
first name: RAM SINGH

In my SSN
Last name: LNU
first name: RAM SINGH

In my EAD OPT CARD
surname: SINGH
given name: RAM

I am facing troubles. I am thinking to get a new passport by splitting my name to SURNAME: SINGH and GIVEN NAME: RAM.
I am told that for employment, my name in EAD card should be same as in my SSN . I need to split my name in ssn, I can do it on basis on my EAD or i need my corrected passport? Do i need to get i94 corrected too?

Names on official documents should match in order to avoid problems.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

if my ssn, passport, license, and visa match ; will i be fine? Or do i need to get my i94 changed too?

Names must match to avoid many difficulties. Start with the passport or an official name change in court. Then change them all to that name.

I understand. I know the way to change every document expect for i94. How can i get that changed?

except*

Eric M. Mark

Eric M. Mark

You'd have to file a form for a new one with evidence of the proper name and/or get a new one from cbp or uscis. Depends. May want to use a lawyer for help.

Thanks for advice.....

To avoid creating problems and needless complications, all names should match and be uniform on official documents.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

Social security topics