First DUI with 0.12 BAC

Corona, CA |

I got my first DUI with 0.12 BAC. I don't have any prior records. There was no accident or any felony. I was honest to cops and was polite.

Is there a possibility of jail?

1. Given the information you have provided, the answer is most likely "no."

Regardless, you should take action to try to protect your driving privileges both at the DMV hearing and in court.

Speak to an attorney whenever possible to discuss your case.

The information above is not intended as legal advice or to create an attorney-client relationship between you and any attorney. Such Legal Information is intended for general informational purposes only and should be used only as a starting point for addressing your legal issues. It is not a substitute for an in-person or telephone consultation with an attorney licensed to practice in your jurisdiction about your specific legal issue, and you should not rely upon such Legal Information.

2. The short answer is yes. The long answer is probably not. However, each case is unique and you need a lawyer to help with court and the dmv.

Of course, every DUI case is different and you should consult an experienced DUI defense attorney in your area with questions regarding your specific case. It is always in your best interest to have a good DUI attorney represent you when you have been arrested for a DUI.

3. There is a very low possibility of jail. Riverside County is pretty tough, even on first time offenders, but each court varies. I would strongly recommend you hire an attorney to defend you. If the DA or City Prosecutor handling the case senses there is a vigorous defense, he or she may be more willing to negotiate a plea bargain that does not require jail. In every single DUI, there are numerous issues that a good DUI attorney can look into to that might even result in dismissal of the case or reduction of charges, either through a motion or just through old-fashioned negotiating.

4. Call around town and speak with a few attorneys. I think jail is unlikely but sometimes Southwest Court in Murrieta and Riverside Central can be tough.

DUI topics