First and second interview

Miami, FL |

Hello, I went with my wife to our scheduled interview for residency, because the officer who conducted the interview said that our story wasn't;t convinced and it was time to go to lunch and we needed to get a copy of my birth certificate he wanted us to get us in a second interview so he could digest the story. He said he might ask more questions, he might not. We got down when we heard that, then he asked for us to sign a paper but we where so annoyed with the news of a second interview that we didn't pay attention of what we signed :( , all do my wife recalls reading the bottom of the letter that reads "does not guarantee travel outside the US" do you know what this document could be? We have to go back this Friday with bonafide documents.

It is prudent to use an attorney, especially at times like this. Have everything the officer requested. Also, I would try to reach a professional immigration practitioner prior to your interview.

No. Cannot guess.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

No, it is difficult to guess as to what you signed.

Take an attorney with you. There is 'more' to this officer's suspicions than-meets-the-eye.

He could be 'setting you up' for a major denial.

PROFESSOR OF IMMIGRATION LAW for over 10 years -- This blog posting is offered for informational purposes only. It does not constitute an attorney-client relationship. Also, keep in mind that this is an INTERNET BLOG. You should not rely on anything you read here to make decisions which impact on your life. Meet with an attorney, via Skype, or in person, to obtain competent personal and professional guidance.

I suggest that you contact an attorney and hopefully the attorney can gain access to what you signed. My colleagues are correct when they say it is prudent to have an attorney with you.

Marriage and prenups topics