Skip to main content

First amendment right vs. A complaint from person about my lawful expression? Unlawful arrest

Burlington, WI |

Following my arrest for open carry in a school zone, I took to the street in front of the police dept to express my "un-happness" at having other rights violated. It was a peaceful expression but I was then arrested because some one complained that my holding a Liberty sign and without a bull hon yelling about the injustice my family has suffered. Made them " in fear for their safety" I said nothing to this person, and had video proof of this but my film was erased by law enforcement

Attorney Answers 3


Were you really on the street? Or on the sidewalk? What was the arrest actually for?

The answers to these and other questions your attorney might ask will be useful in determining how best to move forward.

I wish you luck.

The above is not intended to be legal advice, but may be used for general information. Please contact an attorney for specific help tailored to your needs.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

1 comment



I was on the side walk and boated all traffic laws. I was arrested for disturbing the peace.


How was the film erased? I'm not licensed to practice in your state, but if I were, and if the evidence supported your assertions, I would handle your claim for free. If you can't find a local attorney to handle your case, go to and contact him. I wish you luck.

My discussion with you regarding the question you posted on Avvo does not create an attorney-client relationship, nor is my response to your question to be considered legal advice. While I do my best to provide helpful responses given the factual scenario presented, proper analysis of any matter requires a more in-depth conversation than what is practical on Avvo. If you are a member of the military, or if an immediate family member of yours lost his or her life while fighting for our country, I am proud to offer a 10% discount on my fee.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees


Some one may have to prove the charge for your post arrest actions. See an attorney. File a colmplaint against the agency with the county civil grand jury and with the state's attorney general.

The above is not intended as legal advice. The response does not constitute the creation of an attorney client relationship as this forum does not provide for a confidential communication.

Mark as helpful

Criminal defense topics

Recommended articles about Criminal defense

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics