Fired over a counterfeit twenty dollar bill. Do I have A case?

Asked almost 3 years ago - Tampa, FL

I signed a paper stating I knew how to use the counterfeit machine and my manager is saying he trained me. However, he did not train me at all. I started receiving unemployment and now i have lost my benefits because the employer is saying it was misconduct.

1. Scott M. Behren

Pro

Best Answer

Answered . Yes appeal the decision but make sure to pay attention to the deadlines in the notices you get from unemployment. If you wish to consult about this matter, my office handles these types of unemployment hearings. If you want to know more about your employee legal rights check out our employee rights blog www.takethisjobnshoveitblog.com or www.behrenlaw.com.

2. C. C. Abbott

Answered . You need to appeal the referee's decision or you risk not only being denied u/c benefits but face an overpayment charge for any benefits you did receive. There are legal service providers in your area that may be able to assist you with the u/c claim. good luck.