Skip to main content

Fired over a counterfeit twenty dollar bill. Do I have A case?

Tampa, FL |

I signed a paper stating I knew how to use the counterfeit machine and my manager is saying he trained me. However, he did not train me at all. I started receiving unemployment and now i have lost my benefits because the employer is saying it was misconduct.

Attorney Answers 2


Yes appeal the decision but make sure to pay attention to the deadlines in the notices you get from unemployment. If you wish to consult about this matter, my office handles these types of unemployment hearings. If you want to know more about your employee legal rights check out our employee rights blog or

Mark as helpful


You need to appeal the referee's decision or you risk not only being denied u/c benefits but face an overpayment charge for any benefits you did receive. There are legal service providers in your area that may be able to assist you with the u/c claim. good luck.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

Mark as helpful

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics