Fired from job based on race, disability, sexual orientation in NYC

Asked about 1 year ago - New York, NY

I was fired from my job because of my race, disability, gender, sexual orientation. I was able to collect unemployment compensation here in NY due to the unjust termination from the job. Now I want to file a lawsuit against my former employer for all the unjust pain and suffering I had to endure before they finally terminated my employment unjustly. I need legal help

1. Arthur H. Forman

Pro

4

Answered . To discuss whether you have a case, and how strong it is, you can contact the US Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the NYS Division of Human Rights, and if your job was in NYC, the NYC Commission on Human Rights. You can also contact an employment attorney for a consultation. There are time limits for filing discrimination lawsuits, so the sooner the better.

2. Eric Edward Rothstein

3

Answered . I don't believe you can collect for pain and suffering but you can collect future lost wages. You should speak with an employment attorney ASAP. Feel free to email me for a referral. Eric@RothsteinLawNY.com

3. Kevin Rindler Madison

Pro

2

Answered . I would recommend seeing an attorney who handles sexual harassment cases. The lawyer can give you legal advice after all of the facts are fully discussed. Good luck! Do not delay in obtaining legal counsel.