Fingerprints in Ciudad Juarez

Asked about 3 years ago - Chico, CA

I have my visa appointment in early December in Ciudad Juarez, my question is where do I get my fingerprints taken and do I have to make an appointment to get them taken? Or is it similar to the medical exam where you can just walk in without having to make an appointment?

Additional information

-When I received my interview appointment letter it did not say ANYTHING about fingerprints but I have a friend who had a visa appointment a month ago and she was instructed to go online and make an appointment for the fingerprints... this is why I am confused.

Also, thank you SO MUCH for all who have responded to my question. I really appreciate it. God bless you.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Jennifer Doerrie

    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree


    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . Hello,

    No, it is not a similar process to the medical exam. You do need to make an appointment either by telephone or on-line. If you have an attorney assisting you, she/he should provide the information about what is needed. If not, I strongly urge you to at least consult with a licensed, experienced immigration attorney before departing the U.S. to make sure you have all the paperwork complete, have all the instructions about what will be needed at the consulate, and do not have any inadmissibility issues about which you are not aware and have waiver(s) ready to submit, if needed.

    Here is the link to the website for the fingerprint appointment processing: You also may wish to review information on immigrant visa processing on the consulate's website to find out what to do for your medical exam and what to bring and expect the day of the appointment:

    Best wishes,

    Ms. Doerrie's answer to your question is general in nature, as not all facts and circumstances relating to the... more
  2. Javier G Pineda

    Contributor Level 17

    Answered . You need to make an appointment to get your fingerprints taken. Good luck.

    714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be... more
  3. J Charles Ferrari

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
  4. C. C. Abbott

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . The Consulate will send you a package with all of this information. You can also contact the Consulate and ask your questions directly to the agent as each local US Consulate has specific rules that apply to them. Good luck.

    Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to... more

Related Topics

Immigrant visas

Immigrant visas can lead to permanent residence in the US, but they require being sponsored by either a family member or employer.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

25,790 answers this week

3,115 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

25,790 answers this week

3,115 attorneys answering