Fingerprints in Ciudad Juarez

Asked almost 3 years ago - Chico, CA

I have my visa appointment in early December in Ciudad Juarez, my question is where do I get my fingerprints taken and do I have to make an appointment to get them taken? Or is it similar to the medical exam where you can just walk in without having to make an appointment?

-When I received my interview appointment letter it did not say ANYTHING about fingerprints but I have a friend who had a visa appointment a month ago and she was instructed to go online and make an appointment for the fingerprints... this is why I am confused.

Also, thank you SO MUCH for all who have responded to my question. I really appreciate it. God bless you.

1. Jennifer Doerrie

2

2

Best Answer

Answered . Hello,

No, it is not a similar process to the medical exam. You do need to make an appointment either by telephone or on-line. If you have an attorney assisting you, she/he should provide the information about what is needed. If not, I strongly urge you to at least consult with a licensed, experienced immigration attorney before departing the U.S. to make sure you have all the paperwork complete, have all the instructions about what will be needed at the consulate, and do not have any inadmissibility issues about which you are not aware and have waiver(s) ready to submit, if needed.

Here is the link to the website for the fingerprint appointment processing: http://usvisa-info.com/es-MX/selfservice/ss_cou... You also may wish to review information on immigrant visa processing on the consulate's website to find out what to do for your medical exam and what to bring and expect the day of the appointment: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/immigrant_v....

Best wishes,
    Jennifer

2. Javier G Pineda

Answered . You need to make an appointment to get your fingerprints taken. Good luck.

3. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

4. C. C. Abbott

Answered . The Consulate will send you a package with all of this information. You can also contact the Consulate and ask your questions directly to the agent as each local US Consulate has specific rules that apply to them. Good luck.