Fingerprints in Ciudad Juarez

Chico, CA |

I have my visa appointment in early December in Ciudad Juarez, my question is where do I get my fingerprints taken and do I have to make an appointment to get them taken? Or is it similar to the medical exam where you can just walk in without having to make an appointment?

-When I received my interview appointment letter it did not say ANYTHING about fingerprints but I have a friend who had a visa appointment a month ago and she was instructed to go online and make an appointment for the fingerprints... this is why I am confused. Also, thank you SO MUCH for all who have responded to my question. I really appreciate it. God bless you.

Hello,

No, it is not a similar process to the medical exam. You do need to make an appointment either by telephone or on-line. If you have an attorney assisting you, she/he should provide the information about what is needed. If not, I strongly urge you to at least consult with a licensed, experienced immigration attorney before departing the U.S. to make sure you have all the paperwork complete, have all the instructions about what will be needed at the consulate, and do not have any inadmissibility issues about which you are not aware and have waiver(s) ready to submit, if needed.

Here is the link to the website for the fingerprint appointment processing: http://usvisa-info.com/es-MX/selfservice/ss_country_welcome You also may wish to review information on immigrant visa processing on the consulate's website to find out what to do for your medical exam and what to bring and expect the day of the appointment: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/immigrant_visas.html.

Best wishes,
    Jennifer

Ms. Doerrie's answer to your question is general in nature, as not all facts and circumstances relating to the specific person(s) and situations involved are known to her. Ms. Doerrie recommends consulting with an immigration attorney regarding your specific facts and circumstances prior to making any legal decision or submitting any form or application. This response does not create an attorney/client relationship.

2. The Consulate will send you a package with all of this information. You can also contact the Consulate and ask your questions directly to the agent as each local US Consulate has specific rules that apply to them. Good luck.

Legal disclaimer: The statement above is provided by CC Abbott is based on general assistance and not intended to be a legal opinion because not all the facts are provided. The person requesting information and all others reading the answer should retain an attorney who is permitted by the state bar within the jurisdiction who can examine the complete facts and provide a legal opinion on your case. All information provided in the above answer and other information provided by CC Abbott does not create an attorney/client relationship within any state of Federal law.

3. You need to make an appointment to get your fingerprints taken. Good luck.

714-560-0040. The answer provided is general in nature and because not all facts are known, it should not be construed as legal advice. The answer does not create an attorney/client relationship.

4. I agree with my colleagues.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.