Fingerprint and mugshot.

Round Lake Beach, IL |

Arrested for retail theft , fingerprint and mug shot taken at police station . Went to court house , faced the judge , plead guilty . Given supervision for six months because it was first offense with clean criminal history background , Paid court fines . Complied and completed the supervision . Decided to get the arrest / charge expunged , Judge and State Police granted it . ( Thank God ) my question is , this is really no briner but did i get convicted ? and now that my charge ( retail theft ) was expunged , does it mean my finger print and mug shot are gone also ? And does it still show up on a live scan fingerprint ?

It should not show, given your telling if the steps involved. "Should not" are, however, the operative words in question.

Of course, every answer is based on the question asked and requires a more complete context. This answer should not be relied upon to make a legal decision. Seek the advice of an experienced criminal defense attorney before acting. Law Offices of Raymond G. Wigell, Ltd. Defenders of the Constitution since 1975/ Aggressive Creative Defense Strategies/ Website: www.waaltd.com 24/7 --(708) 481-4800.

A sentence of supervision that is successfully completed is not a conviction. Your fingerprint and mug shot should have been destroyed by the arresting police department and Illinois State Police. However, it is possible that a record of your arrest made it to some other database that is not subject to the expungement order (such as a private database, or a Federal or foreign one) , so it is impossible to say whether it will pop up somewhere down the road.

Joshua Sachs

Joshua Sachs

It usually takes several months between the time the court enters an order for expungement and the time that all police agencies are in full compliance with the order. So don't expect a background check to come back clean the day, or the week, or the month, after the judge signs your order.

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Unless such supervision is examined for immigration purposes it may affect one's future elegibility for prospective immigration benefits such as AOS.

Both good answers by counsel posted. I would only add, that there are human errors sometimes in the expungement process and some items still apear even though expunged. Hire a criminal defense attorney to run your criminal record to see what shows up.

I am trying to give you a general answer to your question. We do not have an attorney-client relationship by this response on the avvo website. I have not been retained to represent you. I am licensed to practice law in Kentucky and in federal court in this state and the Southern District of Indiana. You need to seek legal advice from an attorney licensed to practice in your area..

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

Good note.