Fingerprint and mugshot.

Asked over 1 year ago - Round Lake Beach, IL

Arrested for retail theft , fingerprint and mug shot taken at police station . Went to court house , faced the judge , plead guilty . Given supervision for six months because it was first offense with clean criminal history background , Paid court fines . Complied and completed the supervision . Decided to get the arrest / charge expunged , Judge and State Police granted it . ( Thank God ) my question is , this is really no briner but did i get convicted ? and now that my charge ( retail theft ) was expunged , does it mean my finger print and mug shot are gone also ? And does it still show up on a live scan fingerprint ?

1. Harold L. Wallin

Pro

7

Answered . A sentence of supervision that is successfully completed is not a conviction. Your fingerprint and mug shot should have been destroyed by the arresting police department and Illinois State Police. However, it is possible that a record of your arrest made it to some other database that is not subject to the expungement order (such as a private database, or a Federal or foreign one) , so it is impossible to say whether it will pop up somewhere down the road.

2. Raymond George Wigell

Pro

6

Answered . It should not show, given your telling if the steps involved. "Should not" are, however, the operative words in question.

3. Frank Mascagni III

4

Answered . Both good answers by counsel posted. I would only add, that there are human errors sometimes in the expungement process and some items still apear even though expunged. Hire a criminal defense attorney to run your criminal record to see what shows up.