Financial Disclosure - Copy of Taxes?

Asked over 1 year ago - Town N Country, FL

I am in the middle of a modification for timesharing/support and I have do do the financial disclosure. I have paystubs, w2s, bank statements, etc. but I don't have a copy of my last year's tax return. Is this necessary if I have my w2 and paystubs? I can't afford to take a day off of work to go to the IRS and get a copy.

Attorney answers (4)

  1. Howard M Lewis


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . I am sorry that you are going through this, most likely you can order a transcript directly from the IRS and that may satisfy the requirements, explain this to the other side, most likely if they are reasonable they will agree. Take care.

    Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to... more
  2. Michael Charles McGinn


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You can usually request a copy of your tax returns online from the IRS. It also sounds like you are attempting to navigate our legal system on your own. Representing yourself can have serious negative consequences for both you and child(ren). If you would like to schedule a free intial consultation with my office you please call 813-374-0353.

  3. Karen Tallent Munzer


    Contributor Level 14

    Answered . Contact the IRS and request a copy of the return. You must fill out appropriate forms for this request. You do not need to physically go down to the IRS to get the copy, it will be sent to you.

    ** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** This response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client... more
  4. John Arthur Smitten

    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . You are required to provide the documents on the mandatory discovery list, so you will have to get those documents. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,557 answers this week

3,173 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,557 answers this week

3,173 attorneys answering