Financial Disclosure - Copy of Taxes?

Town N Country, FL |

I am in the middle of a modification for timesharing/support and I have do do the financial disclosure. I have paystubs, w2s, bank statements, etc. but I don't have a copy of my last year's tax return. Is this necessary if I have my w2 and paystubs? I can't afford to take a day off of work to go to the IRS and get a copy.

I am sorry that you are going through this, most likely you can order a transcript directly from the IRS and that may satisfy the requirements, explain this to the other side, most likely if they are reasonable they will agree. Take care.

Legal disclaimer: The response given is not intended to create, nor does it create an ongoing duty to respond to questions. The response does not form an attorney-client relationship, nor is it intended to be anything other than the educated opinion of the author. It should not be relied upon as legal advice. The response given is based upon the limited facts provided by the person asking the question. To the extent additional or different facts exist, the response might possibly change. Attorney is licensed to practice law only in the State of Massachusetts. Responses are based solely on Massachusetts law unless stated otherwise.

Contact the IRS and request a copy of the return. You must fill out appropriate forms for this request. You do not need to physically go down to the IRS to get the copy, it will be sent to you.

** LEGAL DISCLAIMER ** This response above is not legal advice and it does not establish an attorney-client relationship. When responding to questions posted on Avvo, a general purpose response based on Florida law is provided. All relevant background details or facts related to your issue / matter is not available. Therefore, I am not in a position to give you legal advice. Further, the review, use of, or reliance upon my response does not establish an attorney-client relationship. For specific advice regarding your particular circumstances, you should consult and retain local counsel. Karen Munzer, PLLC,, E-Mail: , Tel: (305) 654-4444.

You can usually request a copy of your tax returns online from the IRS. It also sounds like you are attempting to navigate our legal system on your own. Representing yourself can have serious negative consequences for both you and child(ren). If you would like to schedule a free intial consultation with my office you please call 813-374-0353.

You are required to provide the documents on the mandatory discovery list, so you will have to get those documents. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659.

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support