Financial Disclosure - Copy of Taxes?

I am in the middle of a modification for timesharing/support and I have do do the financial disclosure. I have paystubs, w2s, bank statements, etc. but I don't have a copy of my last year's tax return. Is this necessary if I have my w2 and paystubs? I can't afford to take a day off of work to go to the IRS and get a copy.

Town N Country, FL -

Howard M Lewis

Howard M Lewis

Family Law Attorney - Framingham, MA

I am sorry that you are going through this, most likely you can order a transcript directly from the IRS and that may satisfy the requirements, explain this to the other side, most likely if they are reasonable they will agree. Take care.

Michael Charles McGinn

Michael Charles McGinn

Family Law Attorney - Tampa, FL

You can usually request a copy of your tax returns online from the IRS. It also sounds like you are attempting to navigate our legal system on your own. Representing yourself can have serious negative consequences for both you and child(ren). If you would like to schedule a free intial consultation with my office you please call 813-374-0353.

Karen Tallent Munzer

Karen Tallent Munzer

Family Law Attorney - Miami, FL

Contact the IRS and request a copy of the return. You must fill out appropriate forms for this request. You do not need to physically go down to the IRS to get the copy, it will be sent to you.

John Arthur Smitten

John Arthur Smitten

Family Law Attorney - Clearwater, FL

You are required to provide the documents on the mandatory discovery list, so you will have to get those documents. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659.

Related Advice