Financial aid dept at college has failed to perform duties properly and lying about it, causing me hardship

Torrance, CA |

Fin aid dept made a mistake by miscalculating the number of units I had . ( 89 ) They told me I had 90 units which I did not . , After I alerted them of the problem and they told me they would reverse their decision not to award me fin aid go forward to award me the financial aid I deserved and allow me to apply for the Stafford loan due to their error . That has not happened and they sent me a letter stating the opposite about the Stafford loan and haven't awarded me the financial aid I should have gotten in the fall of 2012 . I have now surpassed the 90 units they thought I had , so now I am I had to do another locking list and they are telling me its too late for them to give me the financial aid . This is at one of the community college .

The location of this college is Torrance California.

1. this sounds like a communication problem. However, you may need an attorney to make them sort it out right and negotiate for your aid.