FINANCIAL AID/ LOANS ELIGIBILITY

Asked over 1 year ago - Staten Island, NY

Good day,
I am presently married to a legal permanent resident who is due for citizenship in another 2 years. I want to know how i can get a legal status to apply for financial aide to pay for graduate school next spring. Some of the schools i contacted gave an option of presenting a temporary I-551 stamp as being sufficient. Do kindly shed more light on what options are open to me..i would like to know all the options available so that i can decide on what to do early enough. I will be willing to hire you as my attorney for the process.

Thanks.

1. Alexander Joseph Segal

4

Answered . This is not a general question you ask. You are clearly in need of a legal advice. No problem, but not on AVVO. AVVO is a free general legal information blog, not a substitute for legal advice. Look for an attorney you would like to have a consultation with. You can use Find a Lawyer tab above, right here in AVVO. Select an attorney, contact them directly and schedule a consultation. You might be glad you did.

2. Jayson Lutzky

Pro

2

Answered . Repost under immigration.

3. F. J. Capriotti III

1

Answered . What is your legal status in the US?

Most likely you are unlawfully present, or on a temporary visa .... you will need to wait for your spouse to become a US citizen before you can get the I-551 stamp/card ... also known as a greencard.