Final hearing for removal proceedings

Port Washington, NY |

I have a final hearing for removal proceedings they offering me VD! What should i do take VD or decline ? I been leaving here for 12 years and if i have to go back to my country
(Israel) i have to start my life from zero.
My lawyer saying take VD and leave otherwise they will issue a deportation order against me. Any suggestions or help will be very appreciated!

I came to US in 2001, got married for love, after 2 years we had first green card interview , we didn't past because the lady didn't like us. one year later my wife left me . so i never got my green card. 2 years ago i received my first letter for removal proceedings after that i had numerous court hearings. I had a us citizen girlfriend and we were planning to get married, so the judge moved a couple of hearings giving me more time for marriage arrangement's. My last hearing was in October, there was a decision to give me more time to get married till April 1 (next hearing day) . Eventually i never got married and me & my girlfriend got separated. In the last hearing the judge told me i have 2 choices 1 getting married to us citizen or voluntary departure . I never got married so in the next court hearing i will have to sign the papers for VD. But i really don't want to leave, my whole life is here.

1. It is hard to give you an opinion without knowing full facts of your case. If you do not like what your attorney is telling you, schedule a personal consultation with another attorney for a second opinion, bring all of your documents for that consultation.

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.

2. There is not enough information in your post to give you an appropriate answer. Consult with other attorneys if you do not agree with your attorney's advice. Perhaps with more detail and information, another option may come to light.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

3. Removal hearing is to determine whether you are in this country legally. If not, the judge has very little room in terms of keeping you here. This "room" has to do with the potential relief from removal you may have. VD is one of them. It gives you an opportunity to leave without a removal order in your record. IF you are not planing to leave, do not take it, as it carries additional bars for violating it, which come on top of the removal imposed bars on admission. The problem is that these bars cannot be waived.

NYC EXPERIENCED IMMIGRATION ATTORNEYS www.myattorneyusa.com; email: info@myattorneyusa.com; Phone: (866) 456-­8654; Fax: 212-964-0440; Cell: 212-202-0325. The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter.

4. VD might be a good option only if 1. you leave the country on time. 2. you do not have other bars to coming back (unlawful presence etc.). I am not a fan of VDs due to the harsh consequences of failure to depart after taking VD. I'd say meet with a lawyer and talk about your plans and options.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com