Filipino-american dual citizenship

Asked over 1 year ago - San Luis Obispo, CA

can fil-am dual citizens file for petition for their relatives to come to the US? (spouses, parents, siblings & children)

1. Dean P Murray

4

Best Answer

Answered . I agree with my colleague. There is a wait time for siblings. If your siblings were born in the Philippines, the current wait time is 24 years (priority dates only now becoming current for cases filed in June 1989). If your siblings were born in another country (or any of them are married to someone who was born in another country), the wait time can be as little as 12 years.

If you have additional questions, you can always contact an immigration lawyer directly, whether myself or one of my colleagues. If you appreciate the time spent preparing this answer, kindly consider marking it BEST ANSWER or HELPFUL. Good luck to you.
    ---------------------------
    Dean P. Murray
    The Murray Law Firm
    560 Sylvan Avenue
    Englewood Cliffs, NJ 07632
    T: (201)875-2600
    F: (201)549-8700

2. Tripti Sharad Sharma

3

1

Answered . I agree with my colleagues except that you cannot apply for "spouses." You can only apply for your one legal spouse. All the best!

3. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . US citizen can petition in each of those categories.

For the latest visa bulletin see http://www.engnishimura.com/priority-dates/current

4. Karen-Lee Pollak

3

1

Answered . Yes as a US citizen you can petition for your immediate relatives who are spouses, children under 21 and parents. There is no wait time for htem. Unfortunately the wait time to sponsor siblings is over 10 years