FILING OF DIVORCE PAPERS

Asked over 1 year ago - New York, NY

MY EX - WIFE'S LAWYER INFORMED ME THAT THE COMPLETED DIVORCE PAPERS HAVE BEEN FILED WITH THE MANHATTAN COURT ( FINANCIAL AGREEMENT AND DIVORCE PAPERS WHICH WE BOTH SIGNED ) . HOW CAN I CHECK IF INDEED THEY WERE FILED AND THAT THEY WERE FILED CORRECTLY ?

1. Howard A. Schwartz

4

Answered . You can go to the clerks offiice and check the status. You will need photo identification. You can also try ecourts online to see if a judgment has been signed.

2. David Ivan Bliven

Pro

3

Answered . Go to the courthouse, check in with the Matrimonial Clerk's Office - have photo ID with you.

* If you found my answer to be helpful, or the "best answer," please feel free to mark it accordingly.
  3. Michael Colin Barrows

2

Answered . You can check the status on the Courts "E-Courts" website at http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/webcivil/ecourt.... You may also go down to the clerk's office to review the actual paperwork.

4. Deborah G. Fiss

2

Answered . You could also check another website called eLaw.