FILING OF DIVORCE PAPERS

New York, NY |
Filed under: Divorce

MY EX - WIFE'S LAWYER INFORMED ME THAT THE COMPLETED DIVORCE PAPERS HAVE BEEN FILED WITH THE MANHATTAN COURT ( FINANCIAL AGREEMENT AND DIVORCE PAPERS WHICH WE BOTH SIGNED ) . HOW CAN I CHECK IF INDEED THEY WERE FILED AND THAT THEY WERE FILED CORRECTLY ?

Go to the courthouse, check in with the Matrimonial Clerk's Office - have photo ID with you.

* If you found my answer to be helpful, or the "best answer," please feel free to mark it accordingly.

You can go to the clerks offiice and check the status. You will need photo identification. You can also try ecourts online to see if a judgment has been signed.

I have been a criminal attorney in New York for almost 25 years. website: Brooklynlaw.net Phone #: 718-208-6094 email: howard@brooklynlaw.net. This answer is only for informational purposes and is not meant as legal advice.

You can check the status on the Courts "E-Courts" website at http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/webcivil/ecourtsMain. You may also go down to the clerk's office to review the actual paperwork.

Please be advised that the information contained herein is provided for educational purposes only and is not intended to be legal advice. Further, in the absence of a signed retainer agreement or letter of engagement between the recipient hereof and the author, the transmission of this information does not create an attorney-client relationship.

You could also check another website called eLaw.

Get Avvo’s 10-part divorce email series

A weekly guide with tips and legal advice for each stage of the process.

Recommended articles about Divorce