Filing N-600, Cert. of Citizen for minor son. Qualified under CCA of 2000. Wrongly answer child ques. during my Nat. interview.

Omaha, NE |

Dear Attorneys,

I am US Citizen orig. from Thailand. After I filed for my Nat N-400 & prior to 2 months before interview son born in Thai 1999. During Naturalization interview thought question regards children is about children in US, I said No. Later applied for I-130 for son & wife, both admitted as LPR in 2000, no problems. Son automatically USC due to CCA in 2001. Wife not yet naturalized, some Thai inheritance policy issues.

If apply for N-600 for son CoC any potential issues ? Is applying parent A-file & old forms scrutinized. Is he better off applying after he turns 18.

He have US passport but if he let it expire say 40 years from now or it get cancelled/ revoked, no proof of citizenship. Would want to get CoC if possible.

Your advise is greatly appreciate & valued. Thanks.

1. It's not likely to be a problem.

The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an attorney to discuss your individual case.

2. It does not sound like your going to have any problems. We are happy to offer you a free initial consultation to talk about the case. Give us a call at 402-455-1711 to set up a time to talk. We have been in business for almost 25 years and fight hard for the people we represent.