Filing N-600, Cert. of Citizen for minor son. Qualified under CCA of 2000. Wrongly answer child ques. during my Nat. interview.

Asked almost 2 years ago - Omaha, NE

Dear Attorneys,

I am US Citizen orig. from Thailand. After I filed for my Nat N-400 & prior to 2 months before interview son born in Thai 1999. During Naturalization interview thought question regards children is about children in US, I said No. Later applied for I-130 for son & wife, both admitted as LPR in 2000, no problems. Son automatically USC due to CCA in 2001. Wife not yet naturalized, some Thai inheritance policy issues.

If apply for N-600 for son CoC any potential issues ? Is applying parent A-file & old forms scrutinized. Is he better off applying after he turns 18.

He have US passport but if he let it expire say 40 years from now or it get cancelled/ revoked, no proof of citizenship. Would want to get CoC if possible.

Your advise is greatly appreciate & valued. Thanks.

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Brendan Michael Kelly


    Contributor Level 18

    Answered . It does not sound like your going to have any problems. We are happy to offer you a free initial consultation to talk about the case. Give us a call at 402-455-1711 to set up a time to talk. We have been in business for almost 25 years and fight hard for the people we represent.

  2. Stephen D. Berman

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . It's not likely to be a problem.

    The above is intended only as general information, and does not constitute legal advice. You must speak with an... more

Related Topics


If you want to visit or move permanently to the US, you'll want to learn about your different immigration options.

Immigrant status

Immigrants will want to be familiar with several aspects of living in America - including getting a job, going to school, and paying taxes.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,189 answers this week

3,332 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,189 answers this week

3,332 attorneys answering