Filing N-400

Asked 10 months ago - Smithtown, NY

On the new bar-coded electronic form N-400, part 7 about your employment..., what if I am still employed how to fill out that box "Date to" should I leave it blank or have a future date? Thank you

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

16

1

Answered . If possible, use the word "present". Otherwise, use today's date.

Please see

2. Laurence Drew Borten

Pro

1

1

Answered . You should put today's date -- that is, the date you are filing the form. If you handwrite any answers, they will not be readable in the new 2D bar code at the bottom (which changes as you type things in) and the form will have to be manually processed, slowing down the process.

3. Mary Nicole Morrison

1

Answered . After printing the form, hand write in "present" if it will not let you type it in before printing.