Filing late appeal (criminal)

Asked about 1 year ago - Brooklyn, NY

what are the consequences in filling late criminal appeal i want to file a late appeal and need help can someone file 6 months later

1. Eric Edward Rothstein

2

Answered . You will need to make a motion giving a reason for the delay. Courts usually grant them because they prefer to address criminal appeals on the merits. I handle criminal appeals.

2. Arkady Bukh

Pro

2

Answered . Your criminal defense attorney would make a motion to the court and in that motion state why there was a delay in filing. As above colleague says, there is a good likelihood of success. Do not try to do this on your own, obtain an attorney.

3. Jason Lloyd Stern

Answered . Your criminal defense attorney should be able to handle this for you. I would strongly advise you to use experienced counsel in both obtaining court permission to file a late appeal and for the appeal itself.

Good luck!