Filing i 130. Is it advisable to remain 100% honest about employment?

Brooklyn, NY |

Should you remain completely honest about current unauthorized employment within the US while filing i 130?

Yes, that is always advisable when filing out government applications.

Kindly note that if you are going to file for a marriage based green card, periods of unauthorized employment do not court against you and you will not get penalized for it.

Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. It is your responsibility to retain a lawyer to analyze the facts specific to your particular situation in order to give you specific advice. Specific answers will require cognizance of all pertinent facts about your case. Any answers offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship.

You can disclose it, unauthorized employement is forgiven for immediate relatives of US citizens

Being honest is the best policy. If you feel that it will have an adverse affect then I suggest that you retain an attorney to help you with this matter.

Yes you must be honest on government applications.

It is never acceptable to provide false information when requesting a benefit with USCIS. If you are concerned that your honest response on a form or in an interview may cause complications in your case, I highly recommend that you discuss your situation with an attorney. Every case is different, and hiring someone to guide you through the process may be the best option.

You need to disclose all the info; it doesn't really hurt you if you are married to the US citizen. If you are untruthful: that can hurt you a lot.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics