Filing greencard for my wife. Form I-864A relation to sponsor

Can my friend consider as household member science he live in same house hold. If so, then which form do he need to file for co-sponsor?? If form I-864A what option do he need to select or write?

Bedford, TX -

Deanna C Duncan

Deanna C Duncan

Immigration Attorney - Sacramento, CA

Household members are generally your spouse and children, and any other dependents. A roommate generally doesn't count as a household member. If your friend wants to be a co-sponsor for your application, he/she will have to make enough to support his/her family (him + spouse + kids) plus the person who his is sponsoring. You will need to check out the poverty guidelines on the USCIS website to determine how much he needs to make to be able to qualify as a sponsor. The I-864A is the form that you need, but it generally goes along in a packet with other forms that are sent to you after you file the I-130. To avoid confusion, I would recommend going over this with an attorney in person at a minimum, or to hire an attorney to help you file the forms.

The information given today does not constitute legal advice and does not set up an attorney-client relationship.
Neil Ian Fleischer

Neil Ian Fleischer

Immigration Attorney - Cincinnati, OH

I would use the I-864 and hire a lawyer so it is done correctly

www.immigrate2usa.com

J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

I agree with my colleagues.