Filing form I751 with a hardship waiver. What are the odds for denial ? Processing times?

Asked about 1 year ago - Alexandria, VA

I got married on August of 2011 couple moths after filled for a green card . Receive my green card on 2012 now the time of expiration is coming and unfortunately we got divorced . She won't file with me again . Forgot to mention I have a us born child with a different woman . But I have the full custody since she's married and decided he could live with me . Will he be a good ground for immigration to allow me to stay here? ( I do have some documents, bills , etc from our marriage but I guess not enough to convince USCIS)

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You must be able show that your marriage was bona fide.

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If you think you do not have enough documents to convince USCIS that your marriage was bona fide, this would be a good time to hire an attorney to help you with the application.

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more
  3. Peter Anthony Jabaly


    Contributor Level 14


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You must show that your marriage was bona fide. You should hire an attorney in your area to at least review your case. I'm in your area and provide free consultations.

    The answer provided is for general information purposes and cannot be relied upon. In order to provide legal... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

23,856 answers this week

2,724 attorneys answering

Legal Dictionary

Don't speak legalese? We define thousands of terms in plain English.

Browse our legal dictionary