Filing for sole custody

Asked over 4 years ago - Denver, CO

I am going to file for sole custody because the father hasn't seen my son since he was less than 1 month old. He is now 9 years old. The father has gone to the extreme of dodging out on child supprot and is currently sitting in jail for contempt of court. What papers (orders) would I need to file, and what are my chances of gaining sole custody?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Suzanne Griffiths

    Contributor Level 11

    Answered . Go to the Colorado State website.

    You need to file a Petition for Allocation of Parental Responsibilities. All the information needed can be found on the web site. Your chances of getting sole parental responsibilities are good because the father has not played much role in the child's life and is in jail.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,556 answers this week

2,979 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,556 answers this week

2,979 attorneys answering