Skip to main content

Filing for green card through marriage, are there any other fees besides $1490?

San Diego, CA |

Hi, I am married to a USC , I came to US on visa, I'd like to know if there are any fees to the USCIS besides $420 ( I-130), and $1070 ( I-485 + I-765 )= $1490 ? I have already done the medical exam at the civil surgeon office ( I-693 ). i am not applying for I-131.

Attorney Answers 4

  1. Best answer

    Those are all of the fees required at this time. Don't forget to submit the I-864 (but no extra fee is required for that).

    If you wish to submit an I-131 as well, you may do so, and there is no extra fee for that either, if submitted along with, or after, the other forms.

    I suggest that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney to be sure that everything is in good shape and to ensure the best chance of success.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of Michael Carlin PLLC or any individual member of the office. Confidential information should not be sent through this form.

  2. Here is the USCIS official page that contains all of the instructions and forms:

  3. Those are the only fees with USCIS. You will also have to pay for the medical examination which could be a couple of hundred dollars.

  4. Those are all the fees but submit an affidavit of support

Marriage and prenups topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics