Skip to main content

Filing for Green Card and back taxes.

Brighton, CO |

I came here on a tourist Visa 15 years ago, I got married to a US citizen but we have never filed for my papers because we haven't payed income taxes for 15 years. If we file now, do we have to pay back taxes for 15 years? We've had our own business all this time and we are the only employees.

Attorney Answers 2

  1. Yes, you will have to pay back taxes and you might be found guilty of tax fraud as well.You really need to hire a tax attorney and an immigration attorney to assist you

    The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not considered to be legal advice.

  2. It is time to get help with the two pressing legal issues- your immigration status and your tax status. These are not divorce or family law questions. Your situation could be very difficult, so do not delay in seeking skilled legal counsel for both areas. Good luck to you.