Filing F4 sibling I-130 petition before naturalization?

Asked over 1 year ago - Fort Lauderdale, FL

Since USCIS is taking so long to adjudicate sibling I-130 petitions, would it be possible for a permanent resident to file the I-130 for their sibling before the petitioner actually naturalizes? Or, would it just result in an RFE shortly after filing the petition?

1. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . No. That would result in a denial of the petition and the loss of the filing fee.

2. Inara Khashmati

Pro

3

Answered . No, the petition will be denied. Wait until USC. Good Luck!

3. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

2

Answered . LPRs are not eligible to petition for siblings. You will lose your filing fees and the petition will be denied.