Filing an I-130 petition for my spouse.

Rindge, NH |

How long will it take? I have been on so many different web sites, and I just don't know what my best option would be. Will things go faster if he applies for the K-3 visa?

Then, it is time to meet face to face with an experienced immigration attorney.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

You can check on the USCIS website for current processing times but remember, those are subject to change so no one can say that what appears to be faster today, will continue be faster 6 months from now. I would suggest you file the I130 to at least get the process started. You can always decide to file the I129 later as well.

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 s.ouya@mainalaw.com Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

typically 6 months for I-130 and K-3 it varies from 3-9 months.

From experience it usually takes between 3 to 6 months.

It depends on the wait times at Consulate. If the I-130 is approved in the meanwhile, the K-3 will not be issued despite filing and paying the fees for it.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known. Any comments offered on Avvo are of a general nature only, and are not meant to create an attorney-client relationship. If you would like additional information based on this response, please contact my office at 510 657 7665 or 415 902 0832 to schedule a consultation.

Form I-130 (alien relative) topics