Filing an I-130 petition for my spouse.

Asked about 1 year ago - Rindge, NH

How long will it take? I have been on so many different web sites, and I just don't know what my best option would be. Will things go faster if he applies for the K-3 visa?

1. Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

4

Answered . You can check on the USCIS website for current processing times but remember, those are subject to change so no one can say that what appears to be faster today, will continue be faster 6 months from now. I would suggest you file the I130 to at least get the process started. You can always decide to file the I129 later as well.

2. Anthony Emeka Nze Nwosu

3

Answered . From experience it usually takes between 3 to 6 months.

3. J Charles Ferrari

2

Answered . Then, it is time to meet face to face with an experienced immigration attorney.

4. Haroen Calehr

Pro

2

Answered . typically 6 months for I-130 and K-3 it varies from 3-9 months.

5. Tripti Sharad Sharma

2

Answered . It depends on the wait times at Consulate. If the I-130 is approved in the meanwhile, the K-3 will not be issued despite filing and paying the fees for it.