Filed writ of mandurus

Asked 11 months ago - Chicago, IL

i Filed a law suit against federal court for not answering my husband after his immigration interview . In that process my lawyer said government is suppose to answer within 60 days about their decision for giving visa approval or denial to my husband. Now i just received a court date and they called me in court. I want to ask you what would the court do during the hearing

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

17

Answered . You should speak with your attorney about this.

2. Daniel Warren Thomann

3

Answered . The 60 days is for the government to respond to your lawsuit, not to decide the petition. What will happen at the hearing depends on what type of hearing was scheduled. Your attorney should be able to explain what you should expect and what you need to do next. Good luck!

3. Judy A. Goldstein

1

Answered . You have a lawyer. Please ask all your questions of your lawyer.

4. Alexander M. Ivakhnenko

1

Answered . Consult with your counsel of record as you retained that professional for exactly that purpose.

5. Katherine R. Mazaheri

Pro

2

Answered . You should speak with your attorney about what will happen in court since you have already retained him to handle your case. It really depends on what the hearing is for. Since your attorney filed the lawsuit he would receive service of any filings by the government. The government could have filed their answer or a motion. The context of the hearing will depend on what has been filed and what issue the court is seeking to resolve at this juncture.