Skip to main content

Filed motion for dna testing. Do I need to request a hearing afterwards or will a judge order such testing without hearing?

Tampa, FL |

Paternity petition already contested but respondent failed to file motion for dna themselves.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. You should set the Motion for a hearing and bring a proposed Order to the hearing. The Florida Supreme Court website has an approved model order.

    Please note that my response to your inquiry does not establish a lawyer-client relationship. Nothing contained in this response should be considered by you to be "legal advice." If you are interested in retaining my services, please visit for my contact information.

  2. You should first hire an experienced family law attorney. Trying to navigate our legal system on your own is usually a mistake and can have serious consequences for both you and your child. I offer free initial consultations and you can schedule an appoinment by calling 813-374-0353.

  3. if everyone involved will not do the testing on their own then you have to get an order from the court. Contact my office for free consultation 727-446-7659